Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just Some of Me

So, this will be my first attempt at blogging. I will probably be blogging to myself for awhile. Not sure if anyone would be overly interested in what I have to say. Although, I do have 47 followers on Twitter. Ha! I've said at the rate I am gaining followers it will take over 2,000 years to reach the goal on 1 million. And I know I won't live that long. Maybe my cloned self could take over, so technically I still might be around.



Let me tell you a little about me.



I'm way more complicated than I should be. But actually I think that makes me pretty simple. (See what I mean?)



I grew up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, which is totally different from the rest of the state. There is a joke down there that the panhandle of Florida, Southern Alabama, and South Mississippi could be the 51st state. It's laid back and not too pretentious. Everyone likes a good time. You are more likely to tell someone to their face what you think than talk behind their back. A funny story though.....I had no idea how the rest of the state viewed the coast......when I moved to H'burg someone said "Oh, you're Coast trash" and I looked at him like he'd lost his mind. Everyone else got that joke. But, I can say I am super proud to be Coast Trash!



Now I am living in Wesson, Mississippi. Population: Not very many. We moved here in 2004. It's actually a very nice place. Good school (K thru 12), lots of churches, for the most part people are friendly. They do tend to keep outsiders at bay. My "circle" of friends are all implants to this area. We had a good laugh when we realized that.



Back to the in between stuff. I graduated from Harrison Central High School in 1993. I moved to Ellisville, Mississippi a year later. Followed a boy. Never really the best idea. I eventually moved to Hattiesburg. That's where things were "happening". I did more working & goofing off than going to school. So, some 16 years later I still don't have a degree. I will help my husband celebrate his 20th high school reunion this July. Believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to that. I love a party. Especially since one of my absolute dearest friends (Ginger R.) will be there. Ginger is a subject for another blog =) So, I mentioned a husband, didn't I? I "re-met" Tim in 1997 and we got married in 1999. We had our big girl Emma in 2002 and our little girl Ava in 2005. I went into labor with Ava the day after Katrina.....that's another blog too.


We live in the middle of a 90+ acre field. Lots of spiders. Lots of stray animals that may or may not stay around. You try not to get too attached. We don't live near the roads (one in front & one in back) so the girls can play and play with minimal supervision. I am in the process of planning a party, because remember, I mentioned I love a party. In "my reality" I'm a famous party planning, catering, stay at home mom. In "life's reality" I work in a bank.

Okay, I'm typed out for the day, but do plan on updating fairly often. This could be therapeutic. It seems to be for lots of others around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment